This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lunch pay

I work 16 hour shifts I am an RT and i signed the wavier for the 2nd lunch period now they are trying to tell me since i am working 16 and not only 12 hour shifts i have to take an 1hour lunch because it is a california law i have never heard of that

Mandatory Lunches

"In California, an employer may not employ an employee for a work period of more than five hours per day without providing the employee with a meal period of not less than thirty minutes, except that if the total work period per day of the employee is no more than six hours, the meal period may be waived by mutual consent of both the employer and employee. A second meal period of not less than thirty minutes is required if an employee works more than ten hours per day, except that if the total hours worked is no more than 12 hours, the second meal period may be waived by mutual consent of the employer and employee only if the first meal period was not waived. Labor Code Section 512. " from DLSE website: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_MealPeriods.htm
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X