This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Overtime in Georgia

The company that I work for has fired or has lossed so many people that we do not have enough people to cover the shifts. We are a 24hr 365 day buisiness and the manager shut down a facility in another state only to transfer that buisness to the state of Georgia. We were already short and now have to cover more than we can handle. To cover the new buisness all employees were told they have to work with no days off until further notice. I am going into my 21st day without a day off and the majority of the time I work over 10 hrs a day. We do have mandatory overtime with the company I am with, but is there a limit? Is there a law against how many days a person has to work in Georgia without a day off. Oh I failed to mention the employees have to work without a day off but the supervisors and managers get their two days off.

Georgia does not put any limit on the number of days in a row you can be required to work, or how many hours overtime you can be required to put in.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

mandatory OT in Tx

Originally posted by cbg
      Georgia does not put any limit on the number of days in a row you can be required to work, or how many hours overtime you can be required to put in.

What about in the state of Texas? My husband and other workers are forced to work their days off as long as they are given a 48 hrs. notice. We have a newborn daughter and he works nights, so I never see him. He only has to work 8 hrs., but there are people that he works with that work 10-12 hr. shifts and havn't had one day off in 4 months. That can't be legal!!!!

Comment

There is no law in Texas either mandating a limit on number of hours worked in a day, in a week, or consecutively.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X