This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it legal to change pay day ?

I work for a company on Long Island , pay day was always on Wednesday. But when money started gettin tight they would not give out our paychecks until thursday or friday waiting for money to come in to cover payroll. Now friday has (unofficially) become Friday. And even on Fridays we are sometimes asked to wait until saturday to cash our checks.

Is this legal ?

It would be legal for them to say, effective such and such a week payday will now be on Fridays. But I don't think that's what you're asking.

I'm not where I can access my source material until tomorrow, but unless someone else has been able to reply by that time, I can check then as to how long after the end of a pay period an employer has to release the checks.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks !

yeah we were never told that payday was gonna change. We just wouldnt get our checks and when we asked for them theyd say .."you should get them thursday" and then of course we wouldnt get them on thursday either. There were even a few times that we'd get our checks on firday but werent able to cash them until the following monday or tuesday.

Comment

Working...
      X