This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer Will Not Pay Mimimum Wage In Louisiana

I was recently hired on as a Collections Agent for $5.50 per hour for a local collection bureau in our small town primarily collecting past-due Doctor Bills and Hospital Bills. For the 1st month I was paid correctly, which after taxes was only approximately $195.00 for 40 hours. Then the owner of the business said that he was stopping paying the three of us in the office by the hour. He told us that we would only get a commision check. My last two checks have been $58.00 and $76.00 and that is for a full week check. Wouldn't our employer at least have to bring us up to minimum wage if our commision doesn't come up to it? I tried filing for partial un-employment as I certainly can't live off of the few dollars that the employer is paying us. We all work really hard at the office, but these accounts are several years old and very hard to collect on. This employer is unreasonable, un-fair and I really think this is illegal. Any Advice will be appreciated?

Wouldn't our employer at least have to bring us up to minimum wage if our commision doesn't come up to it? Yup. I suggest you contact your State's Department of Labor and file a complaint.

Comment

Working...
    X