This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employer stopped payment on final check

Oklahoma employer, TriCity Seal based out of Tuttle. Terminated me because of a family member that lied to Rob, the owner. I went to turn in the company phone, and pick up my final paycheck. The phone had accidentally been ran over while I was working on my vehicle. Rob (the owner) stated it is not a problem, the phones are covered on the insurance and it was only a $50.00 cell phone. He handed me my final check, said nothing about having to pay for the phone or anything, and said he still wanted me to work contract labor for him on occassion. I deposited the check in my girlfriend's account around the 7th of July. On the 15th of July, my girlfriend found out they stopped payment of my final check that was $180.00. When I called to speak to Rob, he said his wife did that for the damaged cell phone, and he knew nothing about it at the time. He then told me he would take care of it, and do right by me. Since then, we still have not received any money, and are now in the hole at her bank for over $200.00 due to the stop payment. I should have received something, for a final paycheck even minus the cost of the phone that was covered under company insurance. What can I do to collect any money?
    Last edited by Boz; 08-09-2005, 09:26 AM.

Contact your State's Department of Labor and file a complaint for your unpaid wages. You should also ask whether you can be held financially accountable for the cell phone - chances are, your employer can't do that.

Comment

Working...
    X