This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corporate amex card and last paycheck

I have a corporate AMEX card through my company and get reimbursed for expenses and then pay AMEX. My last day is Friday. Can they withhold my last paycheck until the AMEX is paid off. I mailed a payment, but it takes days sometimes to post to my account. I want to make sure I know the law if they try and withhold my last check.

My company is in California, but I live in Texas. I'm a consultant. I'm not sure it makes a difference where they are and where I live.

Texas law applies in your situation. If I am not mistaken (my source material is not immediately to hand) you have to have your final paycheck released by the next regular payday. This holds true regardless of the status of your corporate credit card.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

thanks so much for your help. If thats true, it will relieve a ton of stress!

Comment

I had the opportunity to run a quick check on the state website and I did remember correctly. So you can relax.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X