This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA - Waiting for a paycheck

Its been 10 days since I turned in my timecard and I still have not recieved my paycheck. It is direct deposit, and I got the check stub on Friday, yet today Monday the money is not in my account. This has happened to everyone in my department and we're all fairly pissed. Is there a set amount of time from the day you turn in your time card to the day you actually get paid?

Yes, there is, but I'm not sure what it is in CA off the top of my head and I don't have immediate access to my source material today. I'm reasonably sure, though, that ten days from the end of the pay period is pretty close to the limit, if not exceeding it.

If the money does not hit your account by tomorrow, contact your state DOL.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

For nonexempt employees in California, if the pay period is semi-monthly, you must be paid within 10 days of the end of the pay period. If weekly or biweekly, you must be paid within 7 days of the end of the pay period.

This sounds like a problem with the automatic deposit process for this pay. Have you contacted your payroll person? What do they say?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X