This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice.......

I have been working for a company for the last 6 years. We have had our pay cut $1.00 an hour because they said that business was slow. We just got a memo stating that we are not allowed to call offf sick or be late or they will take our pay down to minimum wage for the whole week and if we make any mistakes they will deduct a dollar per hour for every mistake.
    We are not allowed to leave our stations unless its to go to the restroom and then we cannot be more than 5 minutes. We do not get any breaks at all, we have to eat and drink at our desks. They tell us it is because we sit there all day anyways.
    My car broke down Sunday and I called them to tell them I would not be able to come on Monday morning and they fired me. I just got an excellent review at Christmas. My ex-boss told me I was lying about my vehicle and told me I had to show proof that my car was broke down.
    That was not the problem, the problem is that they treated me so badly. I was fired once before because my brother-in-law was killed in a train accident and they said it wasn't immediate family and I couldnt have the time off work. I went back. I just want to know if what they are doing is legal? Can anyone help me? Advice please!!!!
    Last edited by johnjo02; 01-13-2005, 05:52 PM.

Legal Termination

It sounds that your termination is legal. You are an at-will employee and, as such, you can be terminated for any reason unless it is illegal discrimination or retaliation.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X