Lunch break colorado requirements hourly employee Colorado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch break colorado requirements hourly employee Colorado

So I'm curious as to what the requirements for lunch breaks are. Does lunch need to be taken at a specific time if I was never given a scheduled lunch? So would I be able to work then take lunch break then clock back in then clock out for the day?

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdle/breaks
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

This doesn't answer my question. It doesn't say anywhere if I can take my lunch at the end of the day

Comment

Ask your employer if this is acceptable.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

If your employer says you can take your lunch break at the end of the day, you can. If your employer says that you cannot take your lunch break at the end of the day, you cannot. Colorado law does not dictate the timing of the break; it simply identifies under what circumstances one is required. When you take it is between you and your employer. The law neither guarantees nor prohibits you being able to take it at the time of your choosing.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X