Tennessee possible decrease after increase. Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee possible decrease after increase. Tennessee

So I was paid a differential for going to night shift. But I don't want to lose what I have gained going back to day shift. Now that the night shift is over now my question is when I go back is it legal to take away my increase since there is no more night shift? Or if I am suppose to keep my raise.

Of course it is legal. There is no requirement that an employer ever pay you a differential. If the differential is for working the night shift and you are no longer working the night shift, you are not entitled to the differential and he can quite legally stop paying it.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I'm not sure why you would think that if an employer pays you extra for doing something special and you stop doing it, you should still be paid the extra as though you were? That is not the case.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X