How prompt is promptly for payment of wages? New Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How prompt is promptly for payment of wages? New Jersey

My fellow employees and I work at a company that is supposed to pay us twice monthly (15th and 30th generally). Over the last 2 months our company has had trouble making payroll. At first we would get 50% or 75% on the pay date, then get the remainder a few days later. However, it has been getting worse, and this time, we received 75% on the 15th and still have not received the remaining 25%.

How much time does the law give employers to pay this remainder? So far it has been 14 days (June 15th to June 29th) and we have still not received the 25% we are owed.

Thanks for any help!

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/wag..._law.html#1142

The DOL is also where you would file a complaint.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Here is a link re wage payment laws N J -

http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/for...lsse/mw-17.pdf

If your employer is having trouble making payroll, you might want to consider looking for other employment.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

betty3 is correct. Your company is in serious financial trouble, and probably not long for the world. By all means file your complaint with the DOL (or tell them you will file if you are not paid on XX date) but also start looking for other employment now.

Comment

An employer must pay wages at least two (2) times per month on regularly scheduled paydays. An employer must pay wages within ten (10) days of the end of the pay period in which the wages were earned. If a regular payday falls on a non-work day, that is, a day on which the workplace of an employee is not open for business, payment must be made on the immediately preceding work day, except where it is otherwise provided for in a collective bargaining agreement. New Jersey Stat. 34:11-4.2

Its like late--agree with others..start your exit options....

Comment

Working...
          X