Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Check Bounced California

Hi,

I was terminated from my job and was given my paycheck the following day.

I deposited it to my bank and a few days later it bounced.

What are my options?

Thanks.

It depends on why the check bounced. You can contact the employer for a replacement. You can file a wage claim with CA-DLSE. You can file a small claims court action. The small claims court action has better play with the bounced check.

All actions beggar the question of why the check bounced. If the payer has gone out of business, this could be non-collectable.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by DAW View Post
      It depends on why the check bounced. You can contact the employer for a replacement. You can file a wage claim with CA-DLSE. You can file a small claims court action. The small claims court action has better play with the bounced check.

All actions beggar the question of why the check bounced. If the payer has gone out of business, this could be non-collectable.
      The business is still running.

How would I go about filing a wage claim?

Do I get compensated for the bounced check fine the bank will give me?

Thanks

Comment

Why not contact the business first? It could have been a simple mistake and they may be willing to reimburse you the bounced check fee along with wages.

Comment

If that doesn't work, to file a wage claim: http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/HowToFileWageClaim.htm
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
          X