Covering Shifts California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covering Shifts California

I live in California in an area where my current wage is the State Min of $9/hr. If I were to cover a shift for a coworker who works in a area such as San Fran where min wage is $10 something. Would my employer be required to pay me at least $10/something for that particular shift; or is there some kind of exception considering it would be temporary for this one shift.

I'm not sure the point for one shift is one that is worth creating a fuss about .....but I do follow your question as to if an employer outside San Fan is subject to San Fran wage laws for work performed inside San Fran...and it's probably in the law some place ...just I might not want to be the person who raised it over a 1 time assignment .

As an aside CA has some quirky rules as to how to count OT ...so if you are providing a lot of coverage in any one day the OT might pile up ....

Comment

If you work at least 2 hours within San Francisco, you must be paid at least minimum wage for SF. http://sfgsa.org/modules/ShowDocumen...ocumentid=1476
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X