No announcement yet.

Overpaid Stipend for 15 years in Virginia Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me, I am VERY familiar with MD public schools and what passes for Masters +30. VA is not MD. The ONLY thing that matters is what the school system the OP works for counts toward the +30. It is far from unusual to only count those achieved after a Masters has been obtained. Whether you think that is fair or what should be the policy is totally irrelevant. Even the OP isn't asking about that so I have no idea why you continue to challenge this. It is not helpful to the Poster who is asking an entirely different question.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Raster, oh lordy! Please stop!
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

which is not relevant to VA

That's all you needed to post to know that it didn't NEED to be posted.

If it's not relevant, it's not necessary.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

ElleMD is in MD , she may or may not be right as to MD issues, but at least on the surface Rockville MD would count it the way I count per their own website under salary advancement , actually they are a bit more liberal and +60 gets one M+30.

I am not aware of a relevant VA cite. OP has not provided us with any facts as to how his district counts or counted some 14 Years ago.

I am particularly troubled by somebody seeking to recoup for a supposed error some 14 years ago.

and I know pretty darn well what happens if the shoe is on other foot ( not in VA of course) and some employee addresses an underpay situation some 10-15 years old.

Again, not that is relevant, some 10 years of local CBA in my PA district would not spell it out as not being M + 30. If one had 62 or so credits and a M .

Comment

I happen to know Elle's credentials quite well. Let's just say that I have no trouble trusting anything she tells me about education in the DC area.

You, on the other hand...
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And in VA, an underpay/overpay situation has no statute of limitations. There is no point at which the employer must let it go and may not fix the mistake.
              I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
              X