Minimum time paid? Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum time paid? Texas

Ok so I work a Monday thru Friday schedule, scheduled off on the weekends. However I get called in probably 2-3 times a month. Sometime I am only there for 15 min for repairs(I am a technician) my question is: it takes me usually 45 minutes to get to work and another 45 to get home, if I'm only there for 15 that's all I get paid for. Is there a minimum amount of time that I should be getting paid for?

Not in Texas, no.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Can i be fired for not being available if I am scheduled to be off? I'm not scheduled to be on call.

Comment

Yes. Your employer decides on the hours/time you work. If you are not available when your employer requests/needs you to work (whether you were scheduled to or not), you can be disciplined up to & including termination. (unless you have a binding employment contract to the contrary)

Your driving time to & from work is not payable/there is no min. amt. of time you need to be paid for when you are not working.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X