No announcement yet.

Non-CDL driver driving across state once only but called exempt Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-CDL driver driving across state once only but called exempt Pennsylvania

I don't have a CDL at all, but work for a motor carrier operating buses, that sent me out of state only once in like, two years. All other drivers, some with our without CDLs also, could and did rotate in and out of the out of state trips, but not me, because I took a single route around the city that no one else wanted to do. It's illegal to drive these buses without a CDL, but the owner doesn't care, and I needed the money. Now he sent me out recently to do my first ever run out of state, and after I came back, he told me I"m "exempt" from overtime because he sent me out just this once.

Is that how it works? Even if I wasn't legally able to drive the buses in the first place, can he count me in this "pool" group anyway when I never went out of state at all, until this one time now?

Confused as hell.

See : http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs19.pdf
    ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

Working...
    X