Food service industry questions Oregon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food service industry questions Oregon

I work as a manager in a fast food restaurant. When i accepted the promotion to manager i was promised 35+ hours a week (it is company policy that managers work at least 35 hours per week)
    Since then my hours per week have ranged from 10-37. I am often sent home early from lack of work (company policy does not allow for this) Is there anything i can do about this? i have asked for increased hours many times.

Also, i have called in to work on 2 occasions for being sick. Both times i was told i needed to come into work. I was vomiting about an hour before my shift and was still forced to come in. Remember i work at a fast food restaurant.

The other time i was also vomiting before my shift. I refused to come in. My hours were drastically cut for the next few weeks because of this.

What can i do about this? I feel cheated and now i am scared to call into work sick.

There is no federal law which requires a certain number of hours worked. I agree that you shouldn't go into work sick but again there is no law that says your hours can't be dropped if you do.

It seems like the best thing to do is to look for another position.

Comment

Working...
    X