Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does accepting back wage check means that i cant sue my employer anymore? California

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does accepting back wage check means that i cant sue my employer anymore? California

im gonna receive 500 dollars check every month for 12 months from my former employer, a total of 6000 dollars, starting this coming agust, the reason is because i filed a wage claim to DOL WHD, based on my calculations, im supposed to receive more than 50,000 dollars, i was a caregiver in a residential care facilities, worked 14 hours a day, 7am to 9pm, plus the every other night that i have to be on duty from 10pm to 6am. i worked 6 days a week for 18 months, july 2009 to january 2011. the reason why i am receiving only small amount is because my former employer doesn't agree to pay me more than that, at least that's what the DOL WHD investigator told me. and i think that they are favoring her. the question is:
    if i accept the back wage check, can i still sue her? or im thinking about forwarding this isue to california DLSE, which is what i should have done in the first place, can i still do that? thanks in advance

additional information

im not required to sign any documents, no release of liability documents to be signed or whatsoever, does it means i can still sue or file a complaints to CA-DLSE? or does accepting the checks will automatically waives my rights to sue?

Comment

You may want to read this link...

http://flsaovertimelaw.com/2010/01/2...ue-under-flsa/
      ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

yeah i already stumbled on that website. nobody told us about this "waiving the right to sue thing", theres even no documents to read and/or sign, all we are informed about is we're all gonna get back wages, because someone complained(that is me) and just accept the check and done.

Comment

Working...
        X