X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paycheck was short, still haven't been paid Oregon

Hello,

Some background info:
    So my issue is that I am a salaried manager in Oregon. My last pay check was over $400 short. I'm paid bi-weekly but It's always the same amount, thus I'm able to budget my money. The last paycheck paid out on 05/13 was short. During that pay period I worked one full week and the 2nd week I used nearly all PTO as it's expiring soon. It was fully logged in out payroll system and yet I wasn't paid for 32 hours of it.

After many conversations with my payroll and benefits depts it turns out there was some sort of error company wide and I wasn't the only one. As of today I have not received the rest of my money.

So I'm curious if there is any law or some such item in place that would require them to pay me interest on the money they owe me. Secondly because of the lack of money in my account at least 1 auto bill pay has gone through and my account is now in the red. I will most likely incur penalties for going negative.

Any help would be appreciated

No, there is no law anywhere in the US that would require that they pay you interest.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Just file a claim with your state's DOL Wage and Hour Division. Get the money you're owed and be done. So far as your autopay, your being on the financial bubble is not their responsibility, although making sure the compensation you are due to you is paid is.

Comment

When does the company say you will receive the money? If you file with the state, that may be the end of your career with the company since it will tick them off.

If they say you are going to be paid the next payroll then it is in 4 days. A wage claim will not be settled any sooner than that.

Comment

ok, thanks for the responses. I figured as much but I thought I'd check anyway. Folks on here have always been really helpful.

Comment

Agree that you should just wait & see if you get paid shortly. You probably
            will get your money sooner than if you filed a wage claim.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Immediately contact your bank, and explain the problem. Many banks will work with someone that is having a payroll problem that is not of their creation.

I am not saying they will, but it is worth a call.

Comment

Working...
              X