This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Salary

Hello, I have recently been informed that even though we are all on salary here there is going to be a time clock implemented. The boss wants to take away pay if you do not work your full 40 hours. I am non-exempt. Most of us are. I am a secretary/admin assistant. I have no control on what goes on. I just do the paperwork. I am just wanting to know if he can do that? Also I know he will not pay for any time worked over your 40. To me dosen't seem like he can take away hours but not give extra for overtime? So if you work 38 one week, you will be paid for 38. But if you work 50 the next week you will be paid for 40. Really confused on the salary law and if he can actually do this?

I am just wanting to know if he can do that?

Can he put in a timeclock? Sure.

Also I know he will not pay for any time worked over your 40. To me dosen't seem like he can take away hours but not give extra for overtime? So if you work 38 one week, you will be paid for 38. But if you work 50 the next week you will be paid for 40. Really confused on the salary law and if he can actually do this? .

No, he can't. Using your example, he can pay you only for the actual hours you work - 38 in one week. But in week two, he must pay you 40 hours at straight-time and 10 hours at time and a-half.

Non-exempt employees can be paid on a salaried basis (i.e. fixed weekly salary) but they must also be paid for all overtime worked. No if's, and's, or but's about it. Contact your State's Department of Labor/wage and hour division and file a complaint.

Comment

I have no problem with the time clock, I will call the state labor board and file a complaint the first time he does this. Right now he is just telling us this. Nothing has actually been done yet. I just wanted some feed back. Didn't want to waste time filing a complaint if he was in the right. Thanks for your help. Deeply appreciated.

Comment

State not posted but apparently Oklahoma per prior threads/posts.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X