This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threatened with no pay Texas

Recently was given a "staff notice" that I had to read and sign saying that if I don't clock in my hours I will never be paid for the time that I work. We use an online system called paycom to track hours and I have no reliable access to the Internet. So far anytime I haven't been able to log hours in my boss has done it for me. I work the same schedule every week and I work with 6 other people including 2 supers who can all verify my hours. I just want to know if this is a threat or can they legally not pay me? Also this is not just for me I should clarify everyone who works at my company received this notice and had to sign.

Thanks.

It's a threat, yes, but you must be paid for all time worked, clocked in on the system or not. Your signature "acknowledging" the "threat" will hold no legal water.

Do you work from home?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

OP "probably" doesn't work from home since OP said works with 6 others + 2 supervisors
      who can verify hrs. worked.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks for the responses.

I do not work from home.

What should I do if they try to withhold my pay?

I talked to my direct super and he said they have to pay for all time worked. I feel like I should call the director (the one who authors these notices) and tell him I know they cannot do this and don't like being threatened with non payment of wages... although seeing it typed out makes me realize it could be a very bad idea.

Thanks again.

Comment

If you actually receive a paycheck that is short, you report it to the TWC.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

You know it's illegal and your supervisor apparently knows as well. Let your supervisor handle it internally.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

If it doesn't get handled internally & you don't get all wages due, then report it to the
              TWC.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Of course, you could also be disciplined up to and including termination for failure to follow the policy.

Is your Internet access at work? If so, how about speaking with your boss on how to handle your problem with the Internet?

Comment

Working...
                X