This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecticut Minimum times alowed

I would need proof of where someone got there answer from if they are to reply.

OK a friend of mine was called into work during the 2 feet of snow we were getting. They told her she had to come in. She goes there , only to sit down on the clock for 30 mins and be sent home. Is there a law stating she needs to be paid a minimum number of hours? BTW she is a hostess at a restaurant

According to my source, CT has a 2 hour minimum pay rule for the restaurant industry.

My source may well be out of date. It is several years old and I have not had the opportunity to update it. I cannot provide any proof of the rule and I do not advise you to go by it. It's a place to start, nothing more.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Actually HAHAHAHA i forgot tomorrow im going to the department of labor to handle some of my own stuff so i will check.

but if anyone knows for SURE,pleas let me know the sooner the better

Comment

Let me just remind you gently that these are volunteers responding here who all have other responsibilties to deal with. If it's so important that you need to know "as soon as possible" and your friend can't post her own question herself, maybe she should be asking an attorney instead of relying on a message board.

Meaning no disrepect, but you can look at the state website as easily as we can, and that's what any of us would have to do to give you a carved in stone answer.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

My reference source cites these regulations, but it seems such regs are only applicable to certain industries. What type of business is this?

Regs. Conn.
          State Agencies
          31-62-A2,
          31-62-B2,
          31-62-C2,
          31-62-D2,
          31-62-E1

I'm not sure where to find them, though.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

He said she was hostess at a restaurant.

Comment

Ok, this is what I have/found on the restaurant industry Ct.

Wage Order No. 8 - Restaurant and Hotel Restaurant Occupations-An employee regularly reporting for work, unless given adequate notice the day before to the contrary, or an employee called for work in any day shall be assured a minimum of two hours' earnings at not less than the minimum rate if the employee is able and willing to work for that length of time. If the employee is either unwilling or unable to work the number of hours necessary to insure the two-hour guarantee, a statement signed by the employee in support of this situation must be on file as part of the employer's records.
              Last edited by Betty3; 01-12-2011, 06:01 PM.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanky ou everyone. It really helped.

Also i didnt mean for it to seem i needed it right away, but i didnt want anyone to think that since i was going to the state today i would appreciate answers.
                And if i could understand anything on my states labor law website id say i wouldnt need to be here, sometimes it just doesnt make sense and someone else reading sometimes helps

Comment

You're very welcome for the help.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                  X