This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wages claim won but California

i won my claim but the employer was also the ceo .
    the shop had 3 owners

i won the claim but the ceo used false contact information
    ive found his new job .

the labor commission has filed in superior court and the employer has sent me w2 forms can they find out who he is from the w2 or will the person he used
    ss# lose their taxes ?

is their any laws for employers who use false information ?
    and i was injured on the job and cant work so am i screwed ?

can i call police to investigate ? what can i do ?
    Last edited by cbg; 04-22-2010, 09:46 AM.

I read this but I havent a clue what you are trying to say. Can you give a little more detail and explanation. You know the situation, we dont .
    Thanks.
    I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It is against the rules of this site to include names of people and companies, so please edit your post to remove them. This is for your protection and it doesn't make any difference to the response anyway.

I'm a little confused. Your post is pretty cryptic.

You got a W-2. It has the company name and address on it. When you search for the name and address on the internet do you find anything? Is the company out of business? I believe you can find this information on the Secretary of State's website; the federal EIN and state ID number must also be on the W-2.

And SSN? Are you saying YOUR SSN is wrong on YOUR W-2?

This is a civil matter, not a criminal matter; the police aren't going to do anything. Do you have a judgment you are now trying to collect? If so, and the amount is substantial, you might see what an attorney would charge to do the legwork and serve the judgment.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

employer used false contact information fraud

what can i do ?

i won oops- $4,700,00 from labor commision but he cant be found.

and i was injured on his job and he ran.

the lawyer is giving up cause they cant find him.

is their laws ?

hope you understand whats going on .
        bunch of problem all in 1
        Last edited by wicked cockran; 04-23-2010, 08:30 AM.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is the Secretary of State. If your attorney can't find him (and I'm assuming he knows more than we do about tracking down missing persons-maybe even used his own investigator), I'm not sure what else to tell you.
          Last edited by Pattymd; 04-22-2010, 09:50 AM.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
            It is against the rules of this site to include names of people and companies, so please edit your post to remove them. This is for your protection and it doesn't make any difference to the response anyway.

I'm a little confused. Your post is pretty cryptic.

You got a W-2. It has the company name and address on it. When you search for the name and address on the internet do you find anything? Is the company out of business? I believe you can find this information on the Secretary of State's website; the federal EIN and state ID number must also be on the W-2.

And SSN? Are you saying YOUR SSN is wrong on YOUR W-2?

This is a civil matter, not a criminal matter; the police aren't going to do anything. Do you have a judgment you are now trying to collect? If so, and the amount is substantial, you might see what an attorney would charge to do the legwork and serve the judgment.
            thank you
            i won judgement.
            and wow it should be criminal when they work you and steal your money for your time and run, thanks for the info.

and i believe the labor commission office is doing it for me again.

but if they cant find him because he used fraudulent information then i guess their is nothing i can do.

i got my w2 from this same company so i was hoping they might find more information on him from that.

they have filed to takes his taxes etc for me all ready.

i was just curios about somethings.

and thanks for the edit but i used common names and not their last name or business names that was a example.

should the other partners be responsible ?

and the last part i got hurt working for these people and they switched owned ship and changed the business name.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is the Secretary of State. If your attorney can't find him (and I'm assuming he knows more than we do about tracking down missing persons-maybe even used his own investigator), I'm not sure what else to tell you.
              thank you ill look into this their.

Comment

Whether or not the other partners can be held responsible or not depends on the type of partnership the company was organized as. You should be asking these questions of your attorney.

Comment

Whether or not the other partners can be held responsible or not depends on the type of partnership the company was organized as. You should be asking these questions of your attorney.
                  he is to busy since i have no money to pay him.

You should be asking these questions of your attorney. ?

that's why i came to this forum to see if someone could help me.

thank you im done
                  Last edited by wicked cockran; 04-22-2010, 10:03 AM.

Comment

I'm not sure what else to tell you. Maybe some other responders have some ideas. I think you may have to face the fact, however, that you may NEVER find this guy and get your money, as abhorrent as that is.

Comment

I'm not sure what else to tell you. Maybe some other responders have some ideas. I think you may have to face the fact, however, that you may NEVER find this guy and get your money, as abhorrent as that is.
                      well they have his tax information and copies of his checks
                      ill just keep my finger crossed.

and file for disability.

thank you again .

Comment

How long ago did this injury happen? Are you not able to work at all in your regular type of job?

Comment

How long ago did this injury happen? Are you not able to work at all in your regular type of job?
                          correct .

receiving unemployment and i went to the emergency room last night
                          the injury happened a year ago but since the lawyer cant find the guy
                          he says the state wont help us and he may let the case go he is really busy with other cases and never contacts

so im gonna contact workers comp if im not to late.

Comment

Are you saying you're receiving unemployment ins. but you are unable to work or at least at your regular type of job?
                            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                              Are you saying you're receiving unemployment ins. but you are unable to work or at least at your regular type of job?
                              as of this moment the injuries have came to where i am unable to do any work and i think i have had another mild stroke.

when you don't have med ins the emergency room is worthless if its not life or death and they charge you $2000.00 no x rays etc .

some I'm hopeing the workers comp can check me out and tell me why my left side is numb i cant feel boiling hot water from 1 leg etc related to the stroke.

Comment

Working...
                              X