This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not paying North Carolina

I contracted with a group home provider to provide clinical oversight (part time work). Contract signed for the rate of pay and performed supervison for 11 months. Employer was consistently late with payment often paying 1-2 weeks late. Last received payment on 1/8/2010 for December 2009. This was the last compensation I received although I continued to provide services for the group home through 2/24/2010 at which time I resigned. The owner has not responded to letters requesting payment. I'm owed nearly $2000.

Suggestions?

Contact an attorney to assist you with this matter.
    Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Catbert is assuming you were an independent contractor, not an employee; is this correct?

Have you or your spouse posted on another board? This kind of sounds familiar.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X