This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
    This is what I was told. DOL statute requires 2 8 hour sleep periods in a 40 hour shift. This is covered under Federal wage and hour laws. I could not get the specific statute.
    DMRS is who? And was this the state Dept. of Labor or the federal Dept. of Labor?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

TN State DMRS is Tennessee Division of Mental Retardation Services.

I thought I mentioned Federal labor laws???

That could explain why the states do not have any requirements for the field. It is covered under federal laws.

I was typing as I spoke to the 5th person I was transferred to.

Comment

It must be a state DOL as the only thing that Federal even mentions is:

Sleeping Time and Certain Other Activities: An employee who is required to be on duty for less than 24 hours is working even though he/she is permitted to sleep or engage in other personal activities when not busy. An employee required to be on duty for 24 hours or more may agree with the employer to exclude from hours worked bona fide regularly scheduled sleeping periods of not more than 8 hours, provided adequate sleeping facilities are furnished by the employer and the employee can usually enjoy an uninterrupted night's sleep. No reduction is permitted unless at least 5 hours of sleep is taken.

Comment

Well, not all federal "laws" are FLSA. That's why I was wondering.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X