This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure What to do (boss wont pay me for hours.) Utah

went into work today to pick up a check and talk to my boss about hours i didnt get paid.
    I worked on christmas eve for 7 hours, and i told my boss the hours i worked and he said ok, 2 weeks later on my first check i didnt recieve the right amount of hours. it said i worked 13 in stead of 20 for the 7 hours i worked at a different location. so i went into my boss and told him, he said come talk to him when he had a minute he has been very busy for the last 2 weeks so i mentioned it to my manager, he said go talk to my boss, so today when i went in i told my boss, he asked if i signed a paper with the hours, i told him no because no one told me to do so all they said was let them know what hours i worked and i did and they said ok so i figured they recorded it. then my boss told me thats my fault and hes not going to pay me for the 7 hours i worked. Im not sure what i should do, i know its illegal for them not to pay me for i have done. but i would rather not start the drama over 50 bucks( but im in high school and thats good money for me) so if someone could give me some advice that would be great.

You could file a wage claim with the Utah Labor Commission.

http://www.laborcommission.utah.gov/FAQ.html#Wage6
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Your post

Keep in mind that simply because you are in high school does not mean you can be taken advantage of. There doesn't have to be drama on your part, perhaps try going to someone in the company that can vouch for those hours you have worked, or find out where you can obtain the mysterious signature form.

Good luck!
      Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Your employer will have to prove to the Utah Labor Commission that you did not work those hours.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X