Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Employer refuses to pay five minutes before or after scheduled shift-MI Michigan

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer refuses to pay five minutes before or after scheduled shift-MI Michigan

Here's the deal. I work in a call center and we have a system that takes a couple minutes depending on the day to log us in, so most days I have to log in a few minutes early to ensure I am taking phone calls and working on time. In addition, if we are on a phone call at the end of our shift, we have to finish up the phone call obviously which can make us work a few minutes over our shift ends. We recently got a new system to clock in and out and apparently they have it set up so that even if we work five minutes before or five minutes after our shift, we will not be paid for it. I'm an hourly employee and am under no contract, is this legal to not pay me for time I am working? They also have us on mandatory OT so even if I work OT of five minutes after work, they refuse to pay me ANYTHING AT ALL for it.

Possibly legal under the federal rounding rules. Or at least that is what the employer is likely to say. Read the rules and see if the employer has correctly framed their policy to fall under these rules.
    http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...9CFR785.48.htm
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
      X