This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis Bacon question. Colorado.

I've been told that a given wage determination in a specific county for a specific trade, isn't always what is listed on the WDOL website. Apparently it can change according to the contract.

I think I might be getting cheated out of a higher hourly wage. There is no poster for the contracted rate with the Air Force on this specific project, so that's the first thing I'm going to check into. They have to post this.

Could there really be a 12/hr difference to what is posted on the WDOL website, and this possible "contracted" rate, or am I getting cheated?

Thanks.

Bump.

Comment

See this info listed below..

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs66.pdf

http://www.dol.gov/whd/recovery/pwrb...geDetermin.pdf
      Last edited by ArmyRetCW3; 11-28-2009, 01:03 PM.
      ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

Thanks for the info. I only had a minute to look at it for now, but I'd like to know the long and the short of it, as there's a lot of info to sift through. Am I getting screwed or could they have a special contracted rate to pay? I called the DOL and all they told me was to get in contact with the contracting officer. I have no idea who that is. They were very little help in the matter. It's not a normal construction job. It's simply doing some retro electrical/CCTV on multiple buildings for the air force, so it's not like there's a General Contractor to go and talk to.

Comment

Every military base has a contract office/officer that holds a copy of the correct Wage Determination (WD) specific for that contract. This office/officer would be your first point of contact to get your information about the correct Wage Determination (WD) that is applicable to the contract your contractor is working under.
          Last edited by ArmyRetCW3; 11-29-2009, 06:31 PM.
          ========================================

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Comment

I see, thanks for the help and info. I'm gonna keep on working at getting in contact with the contracting officer. It just seems weird to me that I'd be making 12/hr less than the guidelines I've seen online. Never know though. It wouldn't be the first time I got underpaid on a Davis Bacon job, so I'm not going to let this go.

Comment

Working...
            X