Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paycut w/o prior notification. Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paycut w/o prior notification. Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri

I've been working for this company for over 7 years. Since there are many positions any employee can work in a week there are different payrates. Ex. Bartending, Special Functions, etc. 2 years ago my regional manager and I decided, since it was to confusing for him to follow my hours, to have a single pay rate for me no matter which job I was doing, except functions. My rate has been brought up to $14 an hour over the course of the years, and during shows I am still in the tip pool. 2 weeks ago I was dropped to $11 an hour during shows when I was in the tip pool, but I am still at the regular rate when I go in for paperwork. I was never notified of this pay cut, and only found out about it through my paycheck. When questioned about the pay cut my manager just said it was because I was in the tip pool. Is there anything that can be done on my end since I was not given prior notice? Can they just cut pay for doing the same job to save money?

Your recourse depends on which state you're working in, as far as a pay cut without notification.

However, the answer to your second question is yes, as long as you are paid minimum wage, your base rate can be cut.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X