This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Oregon

i am new to oregon and i am working for a small, small company. on my pay ceck i was recived 99 hours of regular time, and no over time in the two week pay period. can some on e send me a link or a site to find this info. please.

I can give you a pointer to the federal overtime rules.

Your state is not my state. I seem to remember that the OR DOL is called something like "BOLI". You could in theory file wage claims either with state DOL or federal DOL.

Can I ask what the industry is and what your duties are? Sometimes there are industry specific exceptions to the overtime rules. Also sometimes there are duties specific exceptions to the overtime rules.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Overtime

Here is the BOLI website to the wage and hour questions you are asking.
      http://www.oregon.gov/BOLI/TA/T_FAQ_Taovrtim.shtml

Oregon law states that any hours worked over 40 hours in a work week must be paid at 1 1/2 times hourly wage. You will need to remember that these hours are worked (not including holidy, vacation, sick, or any other time off paid hours). also, what is the work week your employer uses for payroll this may be different than a mon - sun work week. And can affect the way the hours are calculated.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We must first look at ourselves, before we look at others

Comment

But the answers to DAW's questions are critical, as there are exceptions.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

David, your posts are being deleted. We do not allow advertisement of law firms & suggesting posters contact your firm for a consultation with a link to your website. Plus you are posting to old threads.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X