This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• company vehicle charges Florida

i work for a cable sub-contractor and most of us were duped into "getting" a company truck.by driving a company truck our bill codes per job are lower than if we drove our own vehicle.the money "paid" to drive the truck is no set amount,that is the more money we make,the more is paid for the truck.the company leases these trucks and none of what we pay into gets credited to us being able to purchase after the 4 years that is the lease.the company carries insurance but if something happens we pay the damage...please also see other posts concerning this company that i have made....its ridiculous
    1)is it legal to sublease/rent a vehicle to employees?
    2)can we be charged for damages?even if someone backs into the vehicle in a parking lot?
    3)since when we signed for the truck without knowing about the lower bill prices,can we recoupe the money already paid?
    Last edited by cabledawg; 06-14-2008, 10:55 AM.

What is the question?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Not only do I not see a question, without sentence structure and punctuation, I can't even figure out the situation.

OP, please edit your post to make it understandable and then ask your question. We're not texting here.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Also, you mentioned "Please also see other posts concerning this company that I have made."

This thread shows that you have just made one post (on this forum anyway) unless you used a different name.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

And no offense, but I would not assume that responders are all that interested in going on a snipe hunt to find and read all the other postings that you have made. It is easier to get answers if you actually put all of the information needed to answer the question in the question.

People who write short, clearly worded questions containing the relevant facts are much more likely to receive answers then those who do not.

Comment

in response

first, for some reason i cant post a new thread in the overtime forum,tried yesterday and then again after noticing your comments.still wont post,just get a blank page after and do not see it in the forum.other posts in other forums(on this site) are not posting.i wrote 5 posts and this is the only one that completed.

second,we are having so many problems at work i thought it would be good to inform others of the other postings to get a larger picture.

lastly i am sorry for not forming a question,i was pretty heated when i wrote this.i have since edited the post to reflect questions.

Comment

I found this.
              http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=190906
              I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

1)is it legal to sublease/rent a vehicle to employees?
                It is not inherently against the law. It could be done is such a way as to violate a law. It also could be done in such a way as to violate no laws. I will say that FL has very little in the way of state labor laws so we would be mostly talking about federal law.

2)can we be charged for damages?even if someone backs into the vehicle in a parking lot?
                Maybe. FL as stated has next to nothing in the way of state labor laws. A higher then federal minimum wage, but not much else. What you describe could maybe be legal under the federal rules, depending on the amount of the deduction in comparision to the wages.
                Federal deduction rules

3)since when we signed for the truck without knowing about the lower bill prices,can we recoupe the money already paid?
                We are now talking contract law issues, which means that someone is a lawyer in the state of FL has to actually read your contract to see what it says. Neither federal or Florida state labor law has anything to say about your company's billing rates or vehicle leasing agreements. It is possible that the contract could cross into labor law, particular if it somehow stops minimum wage or due paid overtime from being paid. But that is strictly a function of having a local attorney reading the actual contract.

Comment

Ok - now it shows you posted 5 posts.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
                  X