This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CA Late direct deposits

Are there any laws to compensate employees when their employers pay them late? This is the third time we have had our pay delayed by 3 days or so, we just didn't get our direct deposits because our employers forgot to submit the numbers. What should we do? Thanks!

I don't know the law pertaining to this

Originally posted by writewithstyle
    Are there any laws to compensate employees when their employers pay them late? This is the third time we have had our pay delayed by 3 days or so, we just didn't get our direct deposits because our employers forgot to submit the numbers. What should we do? Thanks!
    If i were you,since it seems to be a constant brain fart and not because they don't have the money to give you,i would politely call the bookeeper,or whoever calls in these numbers,and remind them to do it on time. There will be another senior member here that would know the legal actions to take,if it continues on and on. Good luck!!

Comment

There is no law that requires the employer to compensate employees when paychecks are late, although it's possible the employer could have to pay a fine to the state.

You can file a complaint (notice I said complaint, not claim, since you WERE paid) that the employer is randomly paying you past the regularly schedule payday because of their ineptness (well, don't say ineptness, but you know what I mean).

Have you complained to Human Resources or the Accounting manager?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

oops

Originally posted by Pattymd
        There is no law that requires the employer to compensate employees when paychecks are late, although it's possible the employer could have to pay a fine to the state.

You can file a complaint (notice I said complaint, not claim, since you WERE paid) that the employer is randomly paying you past the regularly schedule payday because of their ineptness (well, don't say ineptness, but you know what I mean).

Have you complained to Human Resources or the Accounting manager?
        I should have said actions to take, not legal actions (which could be interpreted as a lawsuit) sorry poster!!

Comment

thanks

Thanks! We are a very small company, so we have no human resource manager. We had been reading CA labor laws and saw sec 203.1, which we thought might apply to us.

Comment

It may. However, since this is direct deposit and not a check, it may not apply. Good thinkg to do is not spend the money until you have verified that the money is in your account. Like I said, contact the DLSE and file a complaint. They may choose to investigate, but honestly, I wouldn't hold my breath.
            Last edited by Pattymd; 06-25-2006, 04:29 PM.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X