This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Mandatory Lunch Florida

I have been working for a company for many years as an hourly employee, never having to take lunches (not paid for). Now they are making mandatory (punch out)(Not getting paid) lunches of 1 hour. Can they make it mandatory even though I do not want to take a lunch? Any more info you need I will be glad to provide...

Yes, they can. The employer has the right to set the hours of work, and if they want you to take a lunch period, then you do.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Lunch

And tell you the time to take your lunch and not to pay you for your lunch?

Comment

Federal law holds that employers do not have to be paid for breaks if the employee is completely relieved of their job duties. So, unless you are working through your lunch, the employer does not have to pay you. And, the employers sets your work hours.
        I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Yes, they can tell you the time you take your lunch. And, as Marketeer said, as long as you are relieved of duty during that time, it need not be paid. If you were in some other states the LAW would require a lunch period, and could even tell you in what time frame you MUST take your lunch. Consider yourself fortunate that you've been able to go this long working the hours YOU want. Many posters here complain that they don't get a lunch. You can't please all of the people all of the time.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

please keep in mind

If you refuse to clock out and take lunch when they ask you to,you can get reprimanded up to termination.

Comment

Working...
            X