This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Taking back commission California

We are a construction company in CA. For our residential contracts, we give our salespeople a commission when the contract is signed, not when the project is complete. If we give a commission and then the customer renegs, can we go back and take the commission away? it seems so wrong! does this happen? is it legal? so confused!

hmm

Originally posted by reb76
    We are a construction company in CA. For our residential contracts, we give our salespeople a commission when the contract is signed, not when the project is complete. If we give a commission and then the customer renegs, can we go back and take the commission away? it seems so wrong! does this happen? is it legal? so confused!
    I would think that right now because it is an agreed apon deal between the salespeople and you,that you would have to pay them,but you could let them know that from now on,they would get paid only when a job is completed. I don't know if you have to give them any certain time of notice (is this a written agreement or verbal?) They may have friends to say they want the work done and renig,this is why it should be this way. Until you notify them though,you are obligated to keep the original agreement. If i am wrong,another senior member will be along to tell us. Good luck to you!!

Comment

Working...
    X