This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage Reimbursement Washington

As a district manager in our company I am required to vist multiple stores.

Since I am driving my own vehicle does my company have to pay for my gas or pay me mileage?

No, they do not. CA is the only state where mileage reimbursement is required by law.

However, if they fail to do so, you can claim it on your income tax.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Mileage reimbursement

Mileage reimbursement is required in California? We pay for gas - is that not legal?

Comment

Mileage reimbursement IS, for all intents and purposes, paying for gas.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Mileage Reimbursement

Yes, I understand that, however, my concern with how we are reimbursing our employees has to do with paying for gas, (not requiring any mileage records) and paying a car allowance. I think we are overpaying.

Comment

I'm not an expert on the ins and out of CA law but one of the CA gurus should be able to guide you through it when they come by.

Comment

Working...
            X