Can someone please exlapin this Union letter ( Michigan ) Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone please exlapin this Union letter ( Michigan ) Michigan

I do say kudos to them for making this letter sound as confusing as possible. I guess they really do love their $8 a week from me. Well I would rather have that $32 in my bank account every month. I recently inquired about my right ( I did not tell them I want to resign. I merely filled out their contact form on their website requesting information. So I have no idea where they are getting their " your request to resign is accepted " I sent them nothing in writing.

Can someone please explain this portion of the letter to me?

" However your request to revoke your dues deduction authorization is untimely under the terms of the dues deduction authorization you executed on ( date ) accordingly, you are still required by the terms of your dues deduction authorization to pay union dues through payroll check-off. As set forth below, the authorization you executed clearly provides the procedure to timely revoke the dues deduction:

From the date hereof, this assignment and authorization shall be irrevocable for a year-long period thereafter or until the termination of the collective bargaining agreement between the parties, whichever occurs sooner. in the event this assignment and authorization is not revoked within ten days after the end of yearly periods from the date hereof, by me with written notice delivered by mail to the Local Union, then , and in the event the assignment and authorization shall be irrevocable for yearly periods thereafter. The automatic payroll deduction herein is not conditioned upon maintaining Union membership. "

They also threaten in the letter that my employer can fire me for no reason.
    Are they trying to trick me into thinking I can not tell them stop taking union dues from my paycheck for another year? I started 5 years ago
    Is there a way to still be a member of the union and not pay dues?

Thank you so much for clarifying this part of the letter. It's very confusing and I know that is not on accident , they know what they are doing to scare people. they want their $$$$$

Not my area of expertise, but you might find the following of interest:

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/michiga...work-laws.html
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by DAW View Post
      Not my area of expertise, but you might find the following of interest:

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/michiga...work-laws.html
      Actually that link is very helpful. Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
      X