This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtime pay for mechanics

I am a auto mechanic/technician. I am required to work from 7:30-5:00. With 1/2 lunch. My paycheck states that i am paid salary. I dont feel that i should be paid salary. I am not in any type of management position. This a common problem with this industry. If it is a problem. Is this legal for this type of job description? Am i entitled to my overtime pay for the weeks that i already work? If i am what course of action must i take to receive back pay? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you .

Overtime pay for auto mechanics

Originally posted by isky454
    I am a auto mechanic/technician. I am required to work from 7:30-5:00. With 1/2 lunch. My paycheck states that i am paid salary. I dont feel that i should be paid salary. I am not in any type of management position. This a common problem with this industry. If it is a problem. Is this legal for this type of job description? Am i entitled to my overtime pay for the weeks that i already work? If i am what course of action must i take to receive back pay? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks you .
    There are certain occupations that do not have to receive overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Included in this list are mechanics employed by automobile, truck, or farm implement dealers. Based on this information, it does not sound like you are entitled to any back overtime pay.

Comment

Working...
    X