This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hourly employee for overtime (40+)

Needing to know what the law is about paying an hourly employee for overtime (40+), I had been salaried then in February the cut my hours to 30 a week and put me to hourly after April the put me back to 40 hours and still hourly, everyone else in the office still has 40 hours and is salaried, they never cut anyone else's hours and I was not the lowest on the management staff. My husband says the either have to pay me or give me the extra time in PTO. I asked for 2 weeks what they were going to do and today the office manager told me that they will not add it to add to my PTO time and they will not pay me for more than 40 hours...well what about the last 2 wks that I put in my time? I really need some advice!! Thank you

OT pay

Originally posted by BettyL
    Needing to know what the law is about paying an hourly employee for overtime (40+), I had been salaried then in February the cut my hours to 30 a week and put me to hourly after April the put me back to 40 hours and still hourly, everyone else in the office still has 40 hours and is salaried, they never cut anyone else's hours and I was not the lowest on the management staff. My husband says the either have to pay me or give me the extra time in PTO. I asked for 2 weeks what they were going to do and today the office manager told me that they will not add it to add to my PTO time and they will not pay me for more than 40 hours...well what about the last 2 wks that I put in my time? I really need some advice!! Thank you
    The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), also known as the federal Wage and Hour Law, requires enterprises engaged in interstate or foreign commerce and state and local governments to pay overtime of 1 1/2 times an employee's regular rate of pay for hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a workweek.

FLSA does not require that overtime be paid for hours worked in excess of eight hours per day or on weekends or holidays. However, states are permitted to provide workers greater overtime protections than those offered by FLSA.
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X