This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 day work week California

What is the 7 day law for California? I was told 2 different stories. I am a part-time employee. i worked 7 days for a total of 39 hours. I was told on the 7th day it is all overtime no matter how many hours worked that week. Is this true? And if so, what is the labor code? I do understand the work week, we are Thursday to Wednesday.

There are actual two very unrelated "7 day" laws in CA.

You are apparently talking about the overtime related one, which is really "7th day actually worked in the same workweek". I am including a pointer to the CA-DLSE factsheet on overtime, which discusses all CA overtime rules including those.
    http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Overtime.htm

Unrelated to this, CA has a actual "7 day" rule which more accurately means "non-exempt employees cannot be required to work more then 24 days in every 28 day period". That is what most people mean when they refer to the CA "7 day" rule.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Overtime.htm
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Here's the "one day off in 7" info:

550. As used in this chapter "day's rest" applies to all situations
        whether the employee is engaged by the day, week, month, or year,
        and whether the work performed is done in the day or night time.

551. Every person employed in any occupation of labor is entitled
        to one day's rest therefrom in seven.

552. No employer of labor shall cause his employees to work more
        than six days in seven.

(H) The provisions of Labor Code Sections 551 and 552 regarding one (1) day’s rest in seven (7) shall not be construed to prevent an

accumulation of days of rest when the nature of the employment reasonably requires the employee to work seven (7) or more consecutive

days; provided, however, that in each calendar month, the employee shall receive the equivalent of one (1) day’s rest in seven (7).

F An employee may be employed on seven (7) workdays in one workweek when the total hours of employment during such workweek do not exceed 30 and the total hours of employment in any one workday thereof do not exceed six.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X