This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 consecutive days California

I hope someone can help with this i work a alt work schedule mon-thur 10hrs everthing outside of that is over time but what happens on the 8th consecutive day or more if i continue to work with out a day off the pay period is mon-sunday my question is this after the 7th day at overtime does that continue until i have day off

No. CA daily overtime laws are a function of the workweek. Working 7 days in a row by itself is not necessarily OT unless all 7 days are in the same workweek. Even if all 7 days are in the same workweek, everything restarts for each workweek.

http://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/FAQ_Overtime.htm
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

DAW is correct that the workweek resets after the 7th day.

The more important question for you is why are you not being paid OT for the 2 hours per day Mon-Thursday? Did you and your fellow employees vote on having a 4-10 workweek? Is there a collective bargaining agreement for a 4-10 workweek?

If not, you may be entitled to OT for any hours over 8 per day. California law requires OT for any time over 8 per day OR 40 per week.
      J.E.B. Pickett
      Wynne Law Firm
      California Wage & Hour Class Action Attorneys.
      877-352-6400
      www.wynnelawfirm.com

Disclaimer: This response and any materials or content provided by this response are for general informational purposes only and should not be relied on or considered as legal advice. Under no circumstances does this informational response, directly or indirectly, establish or intend to establish an Attorney-Client relationship.

Comment

I don't believe he had to be paid OT for the hrs. over 8 Mon. - Thurs. since he was working an alternative four 10 hr. days workweek and, therefore, exempt from the 8-hr. requirement. I assume it was decided on by the employees or contract - OP is that not correct?
        Last edited by Betty3; 01-28-2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X