This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws on Over time In Missouri

Hi, I have been elected to a Board of Trustees and I am wanting to catch up on the current laws for over time in the state of Missouri. If you could please send me something in reguards to this I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you for you time,
    Mystic

Missouri Overtime

It's always best to look at the US Department of Labor website and the state of Missouri website (rather than of a website which was created by someone who is interpreting those laws). In the interim, I have taken the following from the US DOL website, re: Missouri.

Missouri Minimum Wage Rates

Minimum Rate (per hour): $5.15
    Premium Pay After: 40/week

In addition to the exemption for federally covered employment, the law exempts, among others, employees of a retail or service business with gross annual sales or business done of less than $500,000.

Premium pay required after 52 hours in seasonal amusement or recreation businesses.

The Missouri state minimum wage law does not contain current dollar minimums. Instead the state adopts the Federal minimum wage rate by reference.

The State law excludes from coverage any employment that is subject to the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
    X