This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about coverage in Wyoming

I was told by a very knowlageable staff that acording to , I think he called it the "fair labor laws" if you cannot make it into work then you can call in and let them know (with in an reasionable amount of time) that you cannot make it in and you will be able to miss your shift with out any problems. Is this true? I have had on a fiew ocasions where I was very sick and I called schedueling or oncall and was unable to get the time off because they could not find coverage. I was also told that you are not required to give a reason, probably incase of personal reasions. I have been told that I have need a reasion for requesting a shift off. Is it true that I dont have to give one or not? Thanks.

I was told by a very knowlageable staff that acording to , I think he called it the "fair labor laws" if you cannot make it into work then you can call in and let them know (with in an reasionable amount of time) that you cannot make it in and you will be able to miss your shift with out any problems. Is this true? That is not remotely true. According to whomever you spoke with, that means that means that employees can be absent as often as they please with no consequences, as long as they call in. Does that make sense to you? The Fair Labor Standards Act has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the scenario you describe.

I have had on a fiew ocasions where I was very sick and I called schedueling or oncall and was unable to get the time off because they could not find coverage. I was also told that you are not required to give a reason, probably incase of personal reasions. Who ARE you talking to??? If your employer wants a reason for your absence, they are free to request one and you need to provide one.

I have been told that I have need a reasion for requesting a shift off. Is it true that I dont have to give one or not? See my answer above. If your employer wants a reason, you need to provide one.

I wouldn't ask this "knowledgeable staff" any more questions. It sure doesn't appear to me they know what they're talking about.

Comment

Working...
    X