This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what to do in Wyoming

Ok here is the story short and simple.....

I started the job I am currently working in August and have been the only female that has stayed. Recently the company hired a male employee that has preceeded to take over my job, my hours and my crew. The supervisor told a fellow crew member that the reason this new "guy" has been getting my hours and such, is that the owner does not want him to quit. There have also been some other things that have happened with dress codes that we have. Its ok for the "guys" to wear it but not me. Thats whats been going on for the last month. My checks have dropped dymatically, and I am really starting to feel unwanted. I am totally not sure what I should do. Can someone please help?

Discrimination

Wow...your description certainly causes a suspicion that you may be a victim of sex discrimination. You can learn more about discrimination (and how to file a complaint) at: www.eeoc.gov.

Let me know what happens or if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Originally posted by no name
      Ok here is the story short and simple.....

I started the job I am currently working in August and have been the only female that has stayed. Recently the company hired a male employee that has preceeded to take over my job, my hours and my crew. The supervisor told a fellow crew member that the reason this new "guy" has been getting my hours and such, is that the owner does not want him to quit. There have also been some other things that have happened with dress codes that we have. Its ok for the "guys" to wear it but not me. Thats whats been going on for the last month. My checks have dropped dymatically, and I am really starting to feel unwanted. I am totally not sure what I should do. Can someone please help?

In order to protect yourserlf now and from future changes, please get things in writing if at all possible. Ask for the dress code in writing, as well as for the reason of your job being taken from you.

Be aware that an employer can treatly you unfairly and even fire you as long as it is not BASED on discrimanatory reasons such as age, sex, race, religion, etc.

I just wanted you to be aware of that, in case your boss decides to let you go.

If you can, also get statements from former female employees as to why they left.

Best wishes,
      Sue
      Sue
      FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
      X