This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shift cancellation without notification

I was recently scheduled to work a Saturday overtime shift by my non-union employer. When I arrived to my workplace on that day, I found the place was closed. Everybody else was notified about the cancellation except me. Are they required to give me some form of compensation?

Not under federal law, and I am pretty sure, not in WI.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Agree, Wi. has no reporting time pay law.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thank you. I figured that, but I thought I'd double check first.

Comment

You're welcome. Sorry.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Waoh, bummer dude. talk about a buzz kill.

Originally posted by Brody View Post
            I was recently scheduled to work a Saturday overtime shift by my non-union employer. When I arrived to my workplace on that day, I found the place was closed. Everybody else was notified about the cancellation except me. Are they required to give me some form of compensation?
            (cue Twilight Zone theme )
            Sounds like the makings of a bad dream...

FWIW, you might want to look into how it was that you were the only one who didn't get the message that there was no work Saterday..

.._________________
            ~ All things considered,
            insanity may be the only reasonable alternative.

Comment

Working...
            X