This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO during Mandatory Downtime Wisconsin

At work this next year they will be having mandatory downtime in the factory I work at. During this time they expect us to take Paid Time Off (PTO) or go without pay. I heard somewhere that there is a wisconsin law that say that they must pay you unemployment in lieu of making you take PTO.

I was wondering if anyone knows of this law and what it technically say. Also I was wondering if because they have told us so far in advance if they have found a loop-hole. Also I want to know that if the unemployment thing holds true that it only applies to people who have used all their PTO (a rumor I've heard).

Are you exempt or nonexempt?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

How long is this "downtime"?

The company doesn't pay UC, the state does. You would file with the state and they would decide if it should be granted.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
      X