This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pay for hours worked during daylight savings time Wisconsin

I can't find any information regarding pay during daylight savings time. The company I work for (it is a 24 hour operation) does NOT pay you for the extra hour in the fall. They say that it evens itself out in the spring. However, we have rotating days off, so if you work in the fall you don't necessarily work in the spring. Basically, in the fall, you only get paid for 8 hours even though you work for 9 and in the spring you get paid for 8 even though you work for 7. Does anyone know if this is legal?

Not legal:

http://www.dol.gov/elaws/esa/flsa/ho...screenER11.asp
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by aliute View Post
      I can't find any information regarding pay during daylight savings time. The company I work for (it is a 24 hour operation) does NOT pay you for the extra hour in the fall. They say that it evens itself out in the spring. However, we have rotating days off, so if you work in the fall you don't necessarily work in the spring. Basically, in the fall, you only get paid for 8 hours even though you work for 9 and in the spring you get paid for 8 even though you work for 7. Does anyone know if this is legal?
      Goodness. That is a really stupid thought process that your employer has. WOW!
      Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by moburkes View Post
        Goodness. That is a really stupid thought process that your employer has. WOW!
        Maybe the employer is hoping for a 100% turnover of nonexempt employees between now and then.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
          Maybe the employer is hoping for a 100% turnover of nonexempt employees between now and then.
          Maybe?

Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Thank you for your help. This will help a lot!!!!

As for hoping for a turnover, it takes almost 6 months before positions are filled - leaving a lot of overtime for the rest of us.
            Last edited by aliute; 10-19-2007, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aliute View Post
              Not only is that not legal, it's incredibly stupid. You and your co-workers may contact WI's Department of Workforce Development to file a complaint. 608-266-3131

Comment

Working...
              X