This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostel work enviro.made by management? Wisconsin

I only work for the company for 6 mnths and during that time The manager seemed like she was trying to get rid of me, so let me say my points and you tell me what you guys and gals think.

I really started to notice it when I would be working in a room alone that she would come in and get on my case to speed up within the first 2 mnths. And since I had nothing to compare it too i figured she was right. Then in group meeting the management would tell us over and over again that "It about being safe, Not how much you can do" and "We will never push you to work faster when you are in training" well i was still in training and she would push me. I questioned it and they said that I was way below average. Then they said nothing to me for another month. When I got my review it was horrible. I though I was doing great, even the trainer who worked with me said it was wrong and other employees said I was doing great. So I let it go. They never said anything to me after that until another 30 days when I got my next review and agian it was horrible. I told the manager I don't agree with it and she said it was the truth. Again I went to my trainer and she said it was BS. That she thought that I was up to par. So I went to her boss and he said that Since I moved to fill liquid Chemicals that I was up to par. So I was confused. Between each reviews nothing was ever said to be about what I'm doing wrong. I was getting really worryed and several employees came to me and they said that their opinion is that she was taking it out on me cause she didn't like me. So after that review she came to ma and said that there was other option, that I could transfer to a different position not dealing with dangerous chemical. So I agreed (not wanting to) but in order to keep working. So a week went by and I made up my mind that I don't want to switch and I told her and she said it was too late that it is already under way and could not be change. I told her that I wanted to know what shift I was going to and she didn't know. So I took it upon myself to ask the HR. He said that he was never told that I was switching and if I was it would go thru Him. So we had a meeting and My manager denied that she was trying to switch me, that "I came to her and asked to be switched" So i got in trouble and called a liar by HR. He told me that he has not heard anything good about me since I've been there and I told him to ask the people that I work with and they will tell different. He said no.
    My 90day review came 2 wks early and again my review sucked so bad that they said I was going back on probationairy period. I was pissed I really told them I don't agree with this. So we had a meeting with HR, my manager and her manager. It got really hated and the kept on blaming me for saying things I didn't say. But everytime I spoke up they told me to settle down. The HR man during this meeting looked dead at me and said "You suck, you suck at everything you do and you suck at everything you do here, Can you understand that" I was extremely pissed at this point and got up and walked away. With HR right at the back of my feet yelling "do you quit" over and over again. Until I said yes out of frustration and anger. I was pushed and pushed and not allowed to defend myself until I broke down and walked away.
    Later I learned that this HR guy was demoted for discrimination before againist Christains and cussing at other employees and threats. I also learned that my manager was talking "stuff" about me and was writen up for calling employees names.
    I also learned that, One time at work I was exposed to so chemical fumes and it burn my throught and eyes and i went to seek medical help. Later my manager walked in there and said that there was no fumes in the room. but the guy cleaning it up said there diffently was. I have 2 witnesses to this and that she told another employee that "His eyes were red when he came in the work, for some other reason". that employee said he felt that she was hinting around drug usage.
    I get calls from all the people I work with and they all say it was screwed up what she did to me. They had the police come to my house for threats that i supposedly made. the cop laught and said that these were not threats and he was going to see another employee that threarten to kill other employees and since he was there for yrs nothing was done to him. The cop said that they told him I was fired because of lack of production. and told everyone I quit. theres alot more points to my story but I didn't want to write a book in 1 shot.

You worked for a jerk. Sad, but not illegal.

Consider yourself better off. Try for unemployment, start the job hunt, and consider yourself paroled.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

they told unemployement

they told unemployement that I quit, so they denied me. I thought that maybe lying on my reviews to make me feel unwanted or turn me against other employees might be a hostel work enviroment?

Comment

A hostile work environment is one in which a person is discriminated against for being a member of a protected group... such as race, sex, etc.

A poor performing employee is not a protected class (unless your performance was on par with another employee not within a protected class and you can prove preferential treatment).

You did quit. You were asked if you quit and said yes.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
        X