Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaks, after 4 hours, its the law right?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaks, after 4 hours, its the law right?

Okay so my wife started her shift today and after working for 1 and a half hours she is told she has to go on break. She will then be left alone to finish her shift from 1pm to 6, maybe 6:30.

I am upset because every four hours from what I understand you are required to take a break. This will be denied as no one it there to releive her. On top of this we just found out she is pregnant earlier this week.

Help,
    The Husband

With certain exceptions, Washington law says there must be a 10 minute break for every four hours work. It does NOT say that it has to be after four hours.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And is some cases (retail) it doesn't have to even be 10 minutes in a row.

Comment

What about her lunch? In WA, if you work 5 hours you are guaranteed an unpaid 30 minute break.

Do any employers actually ever read Labor laws? My employer refuses breaks or lunches. She is also making new employees purchase their uniforms.

I think employers should be forced to go to a Labor conference yearly!

Comment

Working...
        X