This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manager demanded i notarize a form for a client that was not present

My manager demanded I notarized an affadavit of domicile for a client that was not in my presence. When I refused, he absolutely made my life miserable for 2 months, then demanded I resign, after I had worked for the firm for 16 years.
    I would like to file a formal complaint.
    Please advise.

Depending on your state's definitions, this MAY qualify as a public policy violation. Talk to your state DOL.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Contact the DOL!

On the notory rules, we cannot notorize anything for someone who isn't present. Contact the DOL and file a complaint.

Comment

truly, I'll bet after 4 months, the OP isn't coming back. Especially because she already got the information she needed. The moderator is off today, but she has requested that we let posters know that she prefers that dormant posts not be resurrected unless you are the original poster with an update, or you have additional questions regarding the subject. Thanks for understanding.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

In addition, the moderator is herself a notary, and knows the rules.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

When I first replied to the message, I hadn't looked at the date, or I wouldn't have replied to such an old message.

And I also am a WA State Notary.

Comment

Working...
            X