X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to get paid?

Originally posted by moburkes View Post
    I'd say that you should wait at least 2 weeks before panicking. In the meantime, unfortunately, the employer isn't responsible for your bills. Sorry.
    I read this post, and understand the employer is not responsible for my bills of course, but I am wondering what exactly the laws are on how long they have to get you a final paycheck when you have been terminated? I have a different issue than than the person who posted this thread, but same outcome. Employer terminated me, no paycheck ready, and have heard repeatedly this guy is known for stiffing people! He doesn't return my calls, and if I call the business phone, I get hung up on. I should fight this whole thing, but I know this man is truly going through a hard time, so I'm trying to be human about this. I don't want to fight the termination and bring up all of things wrong with this employer, I only want to be paid for the hours I worked - not too much to ask! I am new to this state, and where I was previously, they were required to have your last paycheck in hand when firing you, unless there were obvious extenuating circumstances. (Which in this case, there were not) Does this law not exist here in Washington? If not, how long do they have to pay me before I file a claim? So frustrated!

goingcrazy, you really should have started your own thread instead of resurrecting one 3 1/2 years old.

But no, fired employees do NOT have to be paid on the final day of work in your state.
    http://www.lni.wa.gov/WorkplaceRight...ay/default.asp
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I will start a new thread.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X